Sunday, July 26, 2009

Blue Crush(ed)

Yesterday I went surfing for the first time.  Just to remind everyone: I'm an east coast girl who was cut from 3 Newton South Sports teams in two years.  For those unfamiliar, Newton South is notorious for being bad at sports in the first place due to the influx of white jewish kids.  Also, I was a member of the aforementioned teams in the past and therefore, assumed I'd be grandfathered in.  Apparently the Newton South High School girls field hockey team (an impressive defeated record *opposite of undefeated*) is too exclusive for that practice.  

So here I am, SloanTemplePilot Greenberg in the Pacific Ocean with a long board.  Let's just say I've been better at other things.  I woke up at 5:45am thinking, who's idea was this?  5:45 only comes once a day for this girl.  After I drank half a pot of coffee I was like "fine, I'll go, ughh."  That's a direct quote.  So we had literally a 5 minute lesson before we were thrown to the sharks (no pun intended, but yes, slightly intended).

The Scale:
mmm 
on a scale of 1-10 I'd say I got up a zero. 
 on a scale of 1-10 I'd say I have an 8 of bruises.


All in all a successful failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment