Friday, May 29, 2009

Off to LA

I’ve spent the last 21 years figuring out how much time I need to get ready.  I’m never late anymore.  Actually, I was never late to begin with.  However, Linda still think she needs to do that thing where she tells me my appointment is at 12:45 even when it’s not til 1, MOM.  Then I end up getting there at 12:30 and don’t bring an activity.  That’s 30 minutes I’m never getting back.  I told her to stop doing that, and I thought she did.  Welllll, I haven’t had an appointment since we had “the talk” but apparently she wasn’t paying attention because I’m sitting here at the airport, was told my flight was at 10, since I’m such a trusting daughter, I didn’t think to double check.  It’s really at 11. 

Question of the morning: Could the people at Dunkin Donuts have gone slower?  Probably but I really don’t think so.  Even though I have an hour to kill I left solely out of principle.  I went to Hudson News to get a water, which was almost $4.  What is this?  Copenhagen?  It wasn’t even a Smart Water, just a Dasani… ugh plebeians. 

My day started off per-uje.  Overweight bags, a little fake crying, etc etc.  How do I have the same amount of stuff to go to LA for 2 months than I did to go to Copenhagen for 4?  Nobody knows. 

Then, the song playing in the background while I went through security was Rihanna “Murderer.”  Such a bad omen.  But not as bad as when I saw “Omen” with  Hoffman and he jumped on my lap and his keys almost choked Fellman.  At least I wasn’t strip searched today.

Currently, the 10-year-old girl next to me is wearing the same shoes as me.  They look better on her.  FML.  She also has a Blackberry.  I’m this close to asking her for her PIN.  The “probably my age girl” sitting on the other side of me is listening to her IPOD sooo loud I don’t even need to take out mine.  Jo-Bros… Good choice.  I guess if I’m gonna be this early, at least I’m in good company.

There’s also a large Asian family next to me.  The grandma is sitting next to me and I think was looking at my computer so I had to rotate.  The baby is wearing a backpack that looks like a monkey and has a long tail that his mother is using as a leash.  NBD.

I’m pretty sure George Foreman’s father is on my flight and they just paged Chris Brown, I wonder if he got sad when he heard “Murderer” in security.  Who am I kidding?  He obviously did.

Sloan ya lata

 

No comments:

Post a Comment