Sunday, January 11, 2009

The artist formerly known as Stacy

Yes, my name was originally Stacy.  Yes, now it is Sloan.

I came up with some legit reasons.  Gender inequality in the workplace, turning a new leaf, identity theft issues, advice from a famous foreign movie star, pick your fave.  Although all valid, there's only one real reason. 

The real reason is simpler than all that: I just want to.  But after it gets simple, it gets complex like all good things in life....

-When I say "My name is Stacy" people always think I said Cee Cee.   I remember the first time like it was yesterday.  I was like nine and was taking skiing lessons at Wachusett Mountain, (mountain skiing, minutes awayyyyy) and my gorgeous ski instructor (yes, even then I was into older college drop outs with no future) thought my name was Cee Cee.  I was too nervous to correct him.  If he tried to find me on facebook now, he'd have no luck.  There is no Cee Cee Greenberg on tha book, so we can't live happily ever after.  Sigh.

-If someone met me once and wasn't really paying attention, they always think my name is Stephanie.  Always, except maybe once, but mostly, always.

-If one more person asks me if I've heard the song "Stacy's Mom," I will bomb them.  Yes, obviously I've heard it.  I live in America and I'm not deaf.

- My new theme song can be The Ting Tings "that's not my name."  Lyrics for those who don't know... "they call me Stacy, that's not my name."

-One of my best friends from high school's name is Tracy.  We were also very friendly with a girl named Kasey.  "Hi, I'm Stacy, this is Tracy, and that's Kasey."  It became a serious problem when we played the name game at Field Hockey Practice pre-season (before I got cut.)  No one could handle it.  We had to take 5.

-Sloane Peterson- Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  Need I say more?

-Sloan from Entourage.  Not a factor in my original decision making process, but she was really hot so it doesn't hurt.

-Think of all the awesome screen names I could have had all these years. (some courtesy of Kyle Dull)
SloanTemplePilots
Cold Sloan Creamery
Hrry Pttr N th Sorcerers Sloan
Flintsloan's, meet the Flintsloan's, they're a modern sloan age familyyyy. (2 for the price of one byotch)
SloanyBrookFarms
"Lovesloned"- Justin Timberlake
TheRollingSloans
SloanColdSteveAustin
Brooksloan
SharonSloan22
Its4:20LetsGetSloaned

...The possibilities are endless.

Sloan-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment