Friday, January 16, 2009

Hot N Cold

So basically what's going on at the Greenberg residence right now is; a pipe froze so the upstairs heat is completely brokennn.  No big deal except its sub zero temperatures in the GBA (greater Boston area).  Luckily I live downstairs, right?  WRONG.  Because the downstairs heat still works, the "service man" cough cough plumber, suggested we turn the downstairs heat wayyy up because "heat rises."  Okay easy for you to say, you're not the one who's sweating balls down here because it's like 85 with like 90% humidity.  My hair doesn't do well with humidity.  I look like Diana Ross.

My mom came down from the North Pole, aka the third floor, in my full body "Wisconsin Coat."  Those who knew me when I went to Wisconsin-Madison know this coat, but for those who don't:  it's literally a full body sleeping bag with a touch of furrrr, the whole club was lookin' at hurrr.  

I was always mas tarde for Spanish class because I had to stop outside, flatten the coat against the wall, and then roll it around my arm.  Then I'd walk into class and inevitably knock mis amigos' books off their desks with the coat.  "Lo siento, lo siento." 

 ANYWAY, my mom had to quickly strip out of the coat before she passed out from heat stroke, kissed me goodnight, suited up, and headed back to the arctic North.

If we were a fraternity (or Frarority as Tracy once referred to it while on a college tour), we'd prob be called Gamma Nu Beta Gamma (GreeNBerG).  I'm sure there's a greek letter for 'R' but I'm pretty sure I've never seen it used.  And tonight, we'd send out a Fbook invitation that we were having a Hot 'n Cold party.  It would start at 10 and end at 2, but there would duhhh be and after party for our groupies.  The live musical guest would be Katy Perry and the attire would be: layers.  BYOB w/ID.

Attending?

1 comment:

  1. STOP. Linda did not put on your full length coat.

    It is called a Rho btw.

    ReplyDelete