Friday, January 9, 2009

Trouble in Paradise

I've recently (two days ago) transitioned from being loyal to Dunkin' Donuts coffee to cheating on it with Starbucks.  Jenna, Jessica, and I were wasting too much time making pit stops at both on our way to the gym.  It was taking us half an hour to get to the Boston Sports Club, and, considering we usually only work out for only twenty minutes, it was becoming counterproductive.  

It was two against one, and I'm pretty flexible.  Let's be real, it's a change I should have made years ago... I'm wayyy too edgy and artistic for DD anyway.

But the honey moon stage lasted exactly ONE coffee run.  The second didn't go so well.  I don't know if this is world wide or just happening to the Needham St franchise, but there's a huge issue.  They got new cups but did not get new lids.  Problematic.  It's not a huge differentiation, but enough to cause an issue.  If you apply any amount of pressure to either side of the cup (i.e. every time you pick it up) , the lid pops off.  MAJOR SPILLAGE IN THE CAR.  Thank God Jessica has leather interior because it wiped right off, but on cloth?  We wouldn't be so lucky.

Side note: So, we finally get to the gym...ready to work out... I search for an elliptical.  The only avail one (because we went at 5pm... soo dumb)  is the one that my high school history teacher, Mr. Bates (yes that's his real name) is on.  Awk-warrrrd.  Do I work out next to him or is that too awkward?  So in the end I just go for it.  No sooner do I smile and do this weird head nod I didn't mean to do, does he get off the machine and flee the scene.  He obviously felt too awkward to even finish his workout.  Could it have been a coincidence that he happened to be done right as I arrived? No, really don't think so.

So anyway, I'm ellipticall-ing away, not touching the Starbucks cup, and the lid keeps popping off. I look over, and Jessica is having the same problem.  I laugh out loud and have trouble stopping.  At this point, the bald guy next to me thinks I'm a freak... He's mostly wrong.

You know I hate to complain, but Starbucks is a multi-million dollar conglomerate.  I don't think it's too much to ask for a top that fits on the cup.  I'm sorry.  No, I'm not.  I won't apologize for being reasonable.

I was so frustrated with the whole thing that I decided not to go to the gym at all today.  Thank a lot Starbucks, thanks a lot...

No comments:

Post a Comment