Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Verizon Store

I've been home on winter break for about three weeks and have spent more waking hours at the Verizon Store than I have in my own house.  WTF...  It's a mixture of the fact that my blackberry is a huge piece and continuously seizures (or is left in a taxi) and the fact that every time you enter that black hole, a full day goes by before you see the light of day.  

First of all, the employees are all trying to have sex with each other and that's fine, I understand, do your thang... But can you finish setting up email on my blackberry first?  I'd do it myself but you actually need a degree in engineering to make it happen.  Or, a password. 

So here's what happened with the password.  They spent 45 minutes accusing me of giving them the wrong password.  I gave them the only two options it could be.  Finally, they found a way to look up the password.  Guess what it was:  Verizon.  "See," Miguelita said, "you told us the wrong password."  "No," I said, "I never knew about that password."  She said, "well, you set it up."  Uh-huh, because I really made my password Verizon...

Second of all, as a mating call, Employee A will typically ask her potential mate, let's call him Employee B, if he can help her fix my phone.  I have things to do.  I've already been here for an hour.  Skip the middle man. We all know ONLY Miguelita knows how to do anything.  Just ask Miguelita first, then I can get out of here and you can go bang in the stock room.  Everyone wins.

Another annoying thing is that you must look presentable if you're even going in a half mile radius of the building because, you will undoubtedly, run into at least three people you know. 

Those three people will most likely not be buying things, but instead complaining.  However, if you do want to purchase something you still have to sign in.  Soo wack.

I'd rather go to the dentist than the Verizon store.  If the phones are a pieces of shit and the people who work there are stupid, why don't I switch networks?  Three words: two year contract.  They may be stupid, but stupid like foxes.

2 comments:

  1. My BlackBerry is not a piece. It withstood constant blackout beatings and being submerged in Jack Daniels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't bother switching the AT&T/Cingular store is no better and the employees are just as obnoxiously horny for eachother. last time I went in all I wanted to do was get a new phone but it took forevsss because ugly dude was teli g ugly chick how grateful he was that she broke up his engagement. blah blah blah grossssss. basically give me my phone and I'll be on my way and you two can make more uggos.

    ReplyDelete